Friday, June 16, 2017

Happy Father's day! June 18, 2017

I got home a bit earlier than usual today. No traffic or anything to keep me from getting home within 10 minutes. ZOOM! A really quick drive. I got home, kissed my wife and played with Ace. A guy came by to buy my spare computer and I noticed something in the mailbox. A large brown package was jammed into a tiny mailbox. Wow. I was appalled and a little interested...

It was addressed to my wife so I casually handed it to her. I said

"Love, something for you."

She took it quickly so I gave it a few seconds and asked her

"What is it? Something for Ace?" Remembering that my son's birthday is in a few weeks.

"Oh something for me."

"Oh, alright."

Ace and I went back to playing and after a few minutes, She came out with a white box with the name "JINHAO" written on top of it.

My heart leapt.




Jinhao is a chinese stationary company that specializes in fountain pens. They make ornate pens that looks awesome!






"Happy Father's day.. well... it's supposed to be on sunday but you saw it... so.."

"Oh you shouldn't have!" (LIAR! you know you are going to love whatever is inside!)

I handed Ace to Joyyie and started opening the package.

Inside a foam wrap is an etched bamboo box. The box is sturdy and the etching looks beautiful.



"You bought me a fountain pen!" I exclaimed.

"How did you know?" She wondered.

"It says Jinhao, they make beautiful pens. Thank you so much!"

I opened the bamboo box and took a gander inside.





The packaging looks amazing, the bamboo scroll is a looker but my eyes were on the pen right away.



This is exquisite!

The pen has a metal body etched with a dragon while the cap has a Chinese character etched onto it as well. it has some hard plastic parts for comfort but all parts that takes a brunt on a pen is reinforced with metal. The inner threads are metallic, the rear post has a metal ring as well as the top of the barrrel on the nib portion and the clip is a very sturdy metal shaped like a dragon. I can look at this pen all day. It is beautiful!

As a ritual for all my new pens, they have to be baptized with soap and warm water. But I cannot give him a full baptism... I had to rush it. I HAVE to write with it.




I loaded the piston filler through the nib with warm soapy water. Had it filled, emptied and refilled multiple times until I was quite satisfied that it is free of oil or debris. I dried it a bit and filled it with Sheaffer Skrip purple.

Took out the bubbles in the piston filled chamber and immediately put it to paper.

*orgasm*

Smooth and does not catch. Writes right away with no stutters, no nothing. Just smooth unimpeded writing on a medium nib. Bliss for a fp owner.

Now I may be using too flowery words but I kid you not, this is the best pen I have.


Unposted it is 13.5cms but posted it is 15cm. You cannot write with this pen for a long time posted unless your hand have abs the size of the one on your stomach. This cap is metal too and it becomes top heavy. Regardless, it has a good manageable heft to it unposted, so I will be using it like that.

I thanked and kissed my wife profusely for a wonderful father's day gift. She have always had a knack of knowing what I like. I feel bad for the times I give her trouble.. and that is a LOT. I don't deserve her. She is god sent.

"Oh, that's from ace too!" She said with a smile matching mine in breadth.

Well, he is not getting away without a smooch anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment