Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Gamer's Soul : Monster Hunter Chapter 1 Part 2 :The front desk, my first friend

The air is crisp and cold when he came out of his home. It was relatively quiet even for a mountain town. The sun have taken a small peek but darkness still bathes the town in a somber aura. One can hear birds chirps and the branches as it sways and shakes the dew off its leaves. His mind partly taking in the beauty is getting filled with the hunt as he took strides down to the guild.
Yumi, the new girl at the guild's front desk has been getting the area tidied up as Yanyi walked up to the desk. They have met the day before when she was being trained and have struck a quick friendship. She was a bit preoccupied today though with the guild quest sheets that she answered automatically without looking up.

"Hi, Welcome to the guild house! Could you give me... a..."

WHAM!

"Kyaaaa!"

Shirley was holding the book-binded completed quests for the month and its spine found a nice tender spot on her protege's skull. Yumi made an exagerrated motion that she got stunned and rubbed her bruised head.

"What did I tell you about greeting our hunters?!?"

"muuuuuuuu...."

Shirley gave a low bow and Yumi jumped and bowed with her.

"I apologize hunter, My associate have only started like yourself and lacked the proper decorum. I ask that you let it go for now..."

She gave Yumi a slit eyed side stare...

"..and we will be working on it."

Yumi looked down to the floor and gave a whimper.

"So, Yumi, what did we miss?"

Yumi straightened out and opened her eyes. She then smiled politely as she declared.

"Eye contact and a smile!"

"Correct! Now, give our hunter his rightful salute."

"Good morrow dear hunter, Welcome to the Guild house! Here we assist our hunters in finding quests that match their skill and renown. I apologize Yanyi for my earlier disposition and please be assured that I will conduct myself in proper decorum in the future."

Shirley smiled and started "Now if you will excuse me hunter, I will continue with bookkeeping and leave you in our Yumi's hands".

Yumi watched her superior walk away and gave a sigh of relief.

"oh man! She is so strict! Don't get me wrong Yanyi, I like her. Just... my head is still spinning. That was a thick book she was carrying around!" 

She then leaned on the desk with both hands under her chin.

"Ah, I hope you don't mind me speaking this way. I would like to consider you my friend if possible since we both started at the same time. Is that ok?"

Yanyi gave a hearty nod with a smile as he does like the idea of Yumi being more casual around him.

"Thanks! You will be my first friend in this town! I am glad you came back. Most people just simply disappear and not even show up for their first hunt."

She started looking through her quest pages (although exaggerated and comical) and found the quest that they agreed upon yesterday. She started nodding and started reading it through.

"Here! In accepting this request you are hereby required to present 10 herbs, 10 raw meat, 10 honey and 10 blue mushrooms upon your return. The hunter who signed below will receive 1000 zenny as his reward as well as any other materials brought back from the field within time allocated...."

"yada yada yada.... I don't think you need to hear the rest at this point because I know you will be coming back successfully anyways. hahaha!"

Yanyi cracked a crooked smile at the sheer frank confidence she had on him.

"I will return right away. Thanks for that! Consider my hunt started and I will see you later!"

He gave her a wave as he turned and started out of the gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment