Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Gamer's soul: FFXIV ARR Chapter 2 part 2

Chapter 2 part 2

"Well you sure took your time. I've redone my hair a couple times already."

I heard a sudden outburst behind me. There stands a lalafel woman with her fists rested on her hips. Her head slightly tilted to her right as she sighs with an annoyed expression. Despite the attitude, I was surprised I don't feel cross. Instead, I felt my facial muscles pull a one-sided smile instead.

"Then you wake up and what? YOU FORGOT TO CALL ME! How am I to know you are back?"

She started to pace slowly back and forth and with a serious face started an 'I am telling you' gesture with her fingers wagging back and forth.

"Not to mention everyone has been waiting! We were supposed to meet an hour ago! Keep doing this and I am telling you, we will be replaced."

She stopped pacing in front of me and had both hands folded together.

"Be serious for once, Cocozan!"

The smile never left my face. I always piss her off yet she always stays with me. We have been together for a while too... I don’t know what I would be without her. She and I are alike. She jumps consciousness too. A soul jumper.

"Nice to see you too darling. Am I late?" I waved a hand in front of me in a gesture and pulled a list out of nowhere. I don’t know how such technology exists in eorza.

"See? Our guild leader is not even on yet. Where are Krono and Midgetpants?"

"Baking some food to recover spirit. Our mages and healers can’t seem to get enough money to pay for that themselves." She rolls her eyes and looked at me from head to toe.

"Why are you not dressed? Equip your proper gear, paladin!"

"Oh, shoot sorry! I remember we took a photo before and that was what I choose to wear."

With another gesture I pulled out a screen with my old gear and changed it to my paladin's raid gear. One by one my gear disappears and another reappears sometimes giving a glimpse of my smallclothes. No one ever seems to mind in this world... And it happens often for everyone.

I inspected myself and made sure I have all important things on; a full gleaming suit of white plate chestpiece, a crown, greaves, sabatons and gauntlets on top of a blue silk shirt and nice shiny mail underneath.

I changed my weapon and shield as well. Curtana, my sword is a white glowing one handed weapon while my shield is the hold shield of the paladins.

"This feels right. I am ready."

“You have your potions?”

“Yeah, got them. Let’s head to the meeting place.”


With her in tow, I started to teleport near the Coils of Bahamut.

No comments:

Post a Comment